Assistant Director of Operations is responsible for administrative tasks and assisting the Director of Operations with the day-to-day operations of Bluenose ll. This position requires working closely with the Director of Operations, the Captain, and Government Officials (CCTH).
The Assistant Director of Operations reports to the Director of Operations Bluenose II.
- Manage tasks, schedules, and information
- Work with the government to update and ensure the official Bluenose ll website is up to date and relevant
- Ensure information released on behalf of the Bluenose ll Office is accurate
- Prepare and present information relating to the operations of Bluenose ll which includes end of season presentations
- Oversee the Bluenose ll Company Store operations and the online store
- Fill online store orders; basic ecommerce tasks
- Respond to customer calls and emails
- Respond to requests from the public via email, phone, in person and via social media
- Research & submit grant applications
- Social media monitoring and posting as needed
Assistant Director of Operations
- Work closely with the director to ensure the Bluenose ll organization is run efficiently and effectively
- Assist the Director of Operations with day to day operations of Bluenose ll. This may include day to day administrative duties, line catching, general meetings, and human resources.
- In absence of Director of Operations, act as the Director of Operations
- Assist with Shore Crew duties as required (boarding passengers, catching and releasing lines, selling tickets, working in store)
- Assist with hiring and onboarding of crew - this can include duties such as ordering and distributing crew gear, and distributing and collecting crew policies
Physical and Environmental Factors
- Requires sustained use of computer and cell phone
- Work in a combination of indoor office and seasonal outdoor environment
- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps, wharves, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized.
- Requires lifting, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching standing, walking, pushing and pulling are required when vessel is in port and/or when travelling with Bluenose II
- Ability to lift 20kg/50lbs
- Secondary education or equivalent
- Clear written & verbal skills
- Driver’s License - Class 5 with a clean driving record
- Familiarity with Canva, Dropbox, Gsuite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong working knowledge of all social media platforms
- Ability to travel as required throughout the Bluenose ll Season
- Ability to work with well with others
- Ability to work independently
- Flexible and open to change
- Non-profit and or small business experience an asset
- Retail experience an asset
Onsite Work Location
- Lunenburg, Nova Scotia Office, Wharf and Bluenose ll
- Flexibility to travel shoreside with Bluenose ll
- Regular hours of 8:00am - 4:00pm Monday - Friday.
- Available to work weekends, holidays and additional hours during Bluenose ll Season. April 1- October 15.
- Vacation time is taken during off season
Salary is competitive and depends on experience.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4pm on February 16, 2024.
This job description reflects the general duties of the job but is not a detailed description of all duties which may be inherent to the position. From time to time you may be assigned additional related duties.