BLUENOSE II COMPANY STORE
Position: Shore Crew Sales Associate
Seasonal: May to October
Schedule: This position schedule will include evenings, weekends, and holidays (Scheduled hours varying between 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.)
As a Shore Crew Sales associate for the Bluenose II Company Store, you are the face of the Bluenose II. The successful candidate will do their utmost to provide our customers with a positive and memorable experience upon entering and departing our store as well promoting the Bluenose II and our UNESCO heritage town.
You will be responsible for all aspects of retail sales; being proficient with our systems, providing excellent customer service to our visitors, sharing knowledge of Bluenose/Bluenose II and Lunenburg as well as providing assistance to our customers with regards to the products we carry in the Bluenose II Company Store.
A Shore Crew Sales Associate must also be able to fulfill the physical requirements associated with this position. These include but are not limited to releasing and catching the lines for the Bluenose II during public cruises (up to 20 pounds), working on uneven surfaces and sometimes wet wharves, being able to lift up to 50 lbs, and ascending and descending stairs.
* Opening and closing procedures.
* Efficiently and quickly process customers at Point of Sale completing all aspects of retail sales at cash as per determined policies and procedures.
* Provide our customers/visitors with the best customer service possible treating them with respect and dignity and ensuring they leave having had a positive experience.
* Promote and become knowledgeable about the Bluenose II, BN II vessel sailings and schedule (home port and away ports) and book reservations through our online reservation system.
* Assist with arrival/departure procedures of the Bluenose II sailings including ticket sales, boarding and disembarking, throwing and catching lines.
* Promote and become knowledgeable and up to date about all store products as well as promote our online store.
* Maintain the store, products and displays in a neat, clean and attractive manner.
* Notify manager/assistant manager of any complaints and/or safety concerns/incidents that arise involving employees/visitors/contractors).
* Assist with special events where necessary.
* Experience in retail sales/merchandising with familiarity and/or demonstrated competency in a point of sale (POS) system.
* Ability and desire to learn new systems, processes, and skill sets.
* Commitment to customer service excellence possessing the skills and judgment to handle diverse and difficult customer situations.
* Strong communication skills (both oral and written).
* Ability to work well as part of a team as well as individually.
* Willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and statutory holidays.
* Valid driver’s license an asset.
* Safety training/WHMIS/GHS and First Aid an asset.
* Bilingual/multi-lingual an asset.
* Must provide a current Vulnerable Persons’ Check (VPC) - obtained through the RCMP prior to commencing employment.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org