Shore Crew Sales Associate
Part-time, Full-time, Casual, Flexible
Expected start date Spring 2023
(Scheduled hours varying between 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
As a Shore Crew Sales associate for the Bluenose II Company Store, you are the face of the Bluenose II. The successful candidate will provide excellent customer service, help with boarding and docking procedures, and help promote Bluenose II and Lunenburg.
You will be responsible for all aspects of retail sales; being proficient with our systems, providing excellent customer service to our visitors, sharing knowledge of Bluenose/Bluenose II and Lunenburg as well as providing assistance to our customers.
A Shore Crew Sales Associate must also be able to fulfill the physical requirements associated with this position. These include but are not limited to releasing and catching the lines for the Bluenose II during public cruises (up to 20 pounds), working on uneven surfaces and sometimes wet wharves, being able to lift up to 50 lbs, and walking up and down stairs.
* Opening and closing procedures.
* Efficiently and quickly process customers at Point of Sale, completing all aspects of retail sales
* Provide our customers/visitors with the best customer service possible, treating them with respect and dignity and ensuring they leave having had a positive experience.
* Promote and become knowledgeable about the Bluenose II, vessel sailings and schedule, and book reservations through our online reservation system.
* Assist with arrival/departure procedures of the Bluenose II sailings including ticket sales, boarding and disembarking, throwing and catching lines.
* Promote and become knowledgeable about all store products; promote our online store.
* Maintain the store, products and displays in a neat, clean and attractive manner.
* Notify manager/assistant manager of any complaints and/or safety concerns/incidents that arise involving employees/visitors/contractors).
* Assist with special events where necessary.
* Experience in retail sales/merchandising; familiarity with point of sale (POS) systems
* Ability and desire to learn new systems, processes, and skill sets
* Commitment to customer service excellence, having the skills and judgment to handle diverse and difficult customer situations
* Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
* Ability to work well as part of a team as well as individually
* Willingness to work flexible hours including weekends and statutory holidays
* Valid driver’s license an asset
Wage: $15-16 per hour
To apply, submit your application, resume and cover letter by March 3, 2023, no later than 4pm.
Application forms can be found here
If you are having trouble with the application form, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Only those selected will be contacted for an interview. Applications will close March 3, 2023 at 4:00pm.