BLUENOSE II COMPANY STORE
We are seeking an energetic, hard-working individual for the position of Senior Shore Crew who is passionate about Bluenose ll, Customer Service and Tourism.
Seasonal: Shore Crew Positions available throughout May - October, Start and End Dates are flexible - Students welcome to apply
Schedule: This position schedule will include evenings, weekends, and holidays (Scheduled hours varying between 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.)
As a Shore Crew Sales associate for the Bluenose II Company Store, you are the face of the Bluenose II. The successful candidate will do their utmost to provide our customers with a positive and memorable experience upon entering and departing our store as well promoting the Bluenose II and our UNESCO heritage town.
You will be responsible for all aspects of retail sales; being proficient with our systems, providing excellent customer service to our visitors, sharing knowledge of Bluenose/Bluenose II and Lunenburg as well as providing assistance to our customers with regards to the products we carry in the Bluenose II Company Store.
A Shore Crew Sales Associate must also be able to fulfill the physical requirements associated with this position. These include but are not limited to releasing and catching the lines for the Bluenose II (up to 20 pounds), working on uneven surfaces and sometimes wet wharves, being able to lift up to 50 lbs, and ascending and descending stairs.
* Opening and closing procedures.
* Efficiently and quickly process customers at Point of Sale completing all aspects of retail sales at cash as per determined policies and procedures.
* Provide our customers/visitors with the best customer service possible treating them with respect and dignity and ensuring they leave having had a positive experience.
* Promote and become knowledgeable about Bluenose II, Bluenose ll Sailing Schedule and Bluenose 100 Celebrations.
* Assist with arrival/departure procedures of the Bluenose II sailings.
* Promote and become knowledgeable and up to date about all store products as well as promote and fill orders from the online store.
* Maintain the store, products and displays in a neat, clean and attractive manner.
* Notify Senior Shore Crew of any complaints and/or safety concerns/incidents that arise involving employees/visitors/contractors).
* Assist with special events where necessary.
* Experience in retail sales/merchandising with familiarity and/or demonstrated competency in a point of sale (POS) system.
* Ability and desire to learn new systems, processes, and skill sets.
* Commitment to customer service excellence possessing the skills and judgment to handle diverse and difficult customer situations.
* Strong communication skills (both oral and written).
* Ability to work well as part of a team as well as individually.
* Willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and statutory holidays.
* Valid driver’s license required.
* Safety training/WHMIS/GHS and First Aid an asset.
* Bilingual/multi-lingual an asset.
* Must provide a current Vulnerable Persons’ Check (VPC) - obtained through the RCMP prior to commencing employment.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Please email an up-to-date resume with the attached application (link below) to email@example.com
Only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
Applications will close by March 12, 2021 at 4:00pm.